Programme Finance Officer at CBM Rwanda (Christian Blind Mission), Kigali – CLOSE: 08-01-2021 – Job Advert on TOHOZA.com
Programme Finance Officer at CBM Rwanda, Kigali - CLOSE 02-01-2021 - Job Advert at TOHOZA.com
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
We are looking forward to recruiting a:
Programme Finance Officer
The job holder is responsible for providing sound programmatic and financial management to enable successful implementation and achievement of all objectives and targets of the programmes under her/his responsibility with a main focus on the DFID funded project. It demands someone with a proactive and highly organised approach to coordination and communication with partners, CBM internal and external stakeholders. The job holder will ensure all CBM programming, reporting and partnership commitments are met and will provide a critical support function for other staff within CBM Rwanda Country Office.
- Coordination and oversight of all project planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting activities of partners.
- Management of all project steering committee activities, including scheduling meetings and administration of key reference documents: work plan, log-frame and risk register.
- Conduct quarterly monitoring visits to partners, reviewing project implementation and risks, as well as cross-cutting issues such as safeguarding and gender equality.
- Ensure that all partner project staff are properly oriented or trained for clear and comprehensive understanding of the project
- Provide the partner with a comprehensive understanding of CBM reporting systems for both programme and finance. Emphasis should be given to quality and accountability.
- Develop scheduled communication (verbal and written) with partners regarding the status of implementation of project activities and act accordingly to help and facilitate the resolution of all problems as they may occur. All communications that are important should be documented in writing for reference.
- Support with the organization and implementation of trainings to strengthen partner’s capacity to meet CBM and donor expectations on identified critical project management disciplines.
- Facilitate all monitoring and evaluation activities required for each project, including data collection, needs assessment and consultative meetings with project stakeholders.
- Ensure data collected is filed properly and easily accessible for use in project evaluations and/or in national level advocacy as well as alliance-building.
- Serve as the liaison with stakeholders and relevant local Government departments in the project catchment area.
- Guide partners to set up and maintain financial control systems and processes to ensure that financial resources as used by partners are in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts.
- Coordinate project financial reporting process with partners, CBM country and regional office staff, ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of reports.
- Prepare financial documents and critically analyze all partners’ and country office financial and narrative monitoring reports for compliance against donor requirements and approved budgets.
- Conduct 100% expenditure verification and/or validation of expenditures with partners on a quarterly basis; using CBM standardized processes document key findings and formulate recommendations for improvement for the auditability of project’s financial documents.
- Support partners with accurate budget forecasting and planning.
- Monitor project budgets through: budget versus actual analysis, highlighting burn rates and under/over spends.
- Document the key highlights noted in financial monitoring reports and reporting on the progress of the implementation of recommendations by CBM, project auditors and other stakeholders through regular follow ups.
- Review periodical program fund reconciliation statements and financial reports (including Project Progress Reports) from the implementing partners to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Support in the development of Terms of Reference for project audits and ensure that CBMs accountability requirements are incorporated.
- To provide support as required, to the Country Finance Manager in the annual budget process.
- Ensure high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting Donor and CBM requirements;
- Record all results and analysis of project monitoring results/data that are stored at the project level by partners, with important/ strategic findings (lessons learned, best practices, evidence base) filed at CBM office.
- Ensure data collected are filed properly and easily accessible for use in project evaluations and/or in national level advocacy as well as alliance-building
- Collect, document and report on significant Stories of Change as well as other PR and Fundraising material in full compliance with CBM and donor policies.
- Ensure that processes and procedures organizationally and at individual staff level always meet CBM minimum standards and project requirements.
- Ensure that principles and practice of disability inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects
- Develop/strengthen the capacity of Partners in various programme themes to promote CBMs programme approach and standards in child safeguarding, gender, disability and development, M&E, iPCM etc.
- Develop contacts with as many as possible relevant external parties to develop network and alliances.
- Assist partners to plan and organise workshops/seminars exposing projects’ successes and positive results that are supported by evidence, inviting relevant district, provincial and national levels government offices and others
- Conduct evaluations and share results accordingly for advocacy purposes.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
- Relevant university degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field.
- Professional experience of 5 years in financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management, preferably with an international development organization.
- Experience in managing institutional donor funded projects.
- Proven experience in project cycle management, with a sound understanding of project design, budgeting and financial management.
- Experience in evaluation and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national /county local governments.
- Experience in working with various institutional donors.
- Advantage of lived experience with disability.
- Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to develop finance management capacity in others, and promote the importance of solid financial controls internally and to partners.
- Proven good organizational and coordination skills as well as a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Perform duties under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Commitment to CBM’s mission, vision and values.
- Willingness to travel in country and work long hours when necessary.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added value
Candidates with the required profile are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com
Application deadline: 5:00 pm, 8th January 2021
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, 23rd December 2020
CBM Country Director, Rwanda