Project Manager at Federal Foreign Office (FFO), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 7/12/2022
Reporting to the Director of the African Centre of Excellence (ACoE), the Project Manager – Federal Foreign Office (FFO), based in Kigali, Rwanda, will be responsible for the timely implementation of Dallaire Institute activities, as well as the day-to-day coordination of the Federal Foreign Office, Dallaire Institute’s capacity building projects, community engagements, advocacy and research focused activities. The Project Manager will drive the project annual planning and will coordinate internally and externally to ensure that project implementation is held to a high standard in line with workplans and budget. The Project Manager will also be responsible for overseeing project reporting, monitoring and advocacy activities.
- Provide effective leadership over the day-to-day implementation of the project within agreed work plans, budgets and financial management parameters to ensure the highest level of project delivery, quality and accountability.
- Oversee the implementation of project activities such as trainings, workshops, high level convenings, regional networks, and partner meetings to advance the Dallaire Institute’s partner MoUs and aims within the project scope.
- Build and maintain working level relationships with project participants, partners, academia, government authorities and donors.
- Forecast and reconcile monthly budget expenditures, in line with organizational guidelines/procedures; complete and monitor expense claims for project spending and project participants/facilitator.
- Lead monthly project update meetings to the Capacity Building division and provide monthly project update reports for relevant Headquarter (HQ) and regional team members.
- Directly supervise the Rwanda-based Training Coordinator, who plays a central role in coordination and logistical planning of in-country trainings with the Rwanda Defense Force and Rwanda National Police.
This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Post-secondary degree in international relations, political science, international development, management, or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Demonstrable professional experience in the successful delivery of projects (strategy, planning, reflection, implementation, monitoring, evaluation) in complex environments.
- Experience with budget management, grant compliance and donor reporting (narrative and financial).
- Supervisory experience managing direct reports and/or teams.
- Experience working with donor contracts, especially with bilateral and institutional donors.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and goals in a deadline driven environment, problem-solve and prioritize assignments.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Management Jobs