Project Manager at Grow Movement Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:24/09/2021
GROW MOVEMENT PROJECT MANAGER.
ABOUT GROW MOVEMENT
Grow Movement is a UK-based social enterprise founded 12 years ago with operations in Africa, the US, and Asia.
Grow Movement partners with the top international business professionals from some of the best business schools in the world like London business school, London School of Economics, Chicago Booth School of Business, cooperate companies, and consulting management firms like Linklaters, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), individual private consultants, coaches and mentors from all over the world leveraging global skills, experience, resources and networks to build opportunity for local entrepreneurs across continents.
Job Title: Project Manager
Organization: Grow Movement, in partnership with Inspire Dreams
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Kigali Office, Kimironko
Working hours: Full-time job with some late working hours due to time differences
Work essential tools: Virtual working tools
Clients to serve: Americans, Africans and European
When to start: Immediately
Timeframe: 5 months contract with possibilities of extension
- To provide the day-to-day management and oversight of the Grow Movement projects assigned to you.
- Be the overall leader and coordinate of assigned Grow Movement projects; supporting regular planning process, ensuring reporting and documentation activities, incorporated and aligned to key interventions and requirements
- To ensure that performance targets are properly set, monitored, communicated, and projects performance reports well reported and presented to the project committees and partners.
- Interview and select international business volunteer coaches for Grow Movement programme
- Interview and select American and African SMEs for Grow Movement coaching programmes
- Ensure that Clients (namely entrepreneurs/SMEs and volunteer coaches) are placed at the heart of everything the organisation does, in pursuit of the organisation mission and values
- To coordinate and work with more than 50 American clients and partners (namely entrepreneurs and volunteer consultants), communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with clients
- Manage coaching relationship between the SMEs and the business volunteer coaches to ensure projects and coaching sessions are well planned, delivered by the coaches, ensure sessions happen successfully, keep everyone on truck and accountable to deadlines and prompt communication on any escalated project issues and challenges
- To oversee all assigned projects, ensuring projects are well organised and to the benefit of both Grow Movement and the corporate partners; to support the provision of materials, tools and supervision of volunteers coaches and SMEs supported, in consultation with appropriate staff; to ensure that defined targets for projects are met.
- To identify and drive the resolution of any issues arising from individual Projects.
- Provide communication support to overall day-to-day programme management related to all project activities for effective delivery of the programme on time.
- Blow Away the clients; care and work towards exceeding the expectations of the clients, supervisors and partners while being very proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our clients and partners.
- Maintain the integrity and quality of the data in the Project Management System
- Work closely with project committees, staff, and partners to develop technical briefs, case studies, and success stories.
- To act as a member of the Grow management team and represent the interests of the organisation establishing and maintaining a high level and professional good working relations and collaborations.
- Submit, present, and defend project weekly, bio-weekly, and monthly data reports to the project staff and the committee
SUMMARY PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
- Ability and experience working with international people especially Americans.
- Must be very fluent in English both spoken and written
- Must have great presentation skills and experience and great at public speaking
- Confident, outgoing self-starter who is passionate, driven for results and able to work to targets. Must be energetic, innovate and driven by goals and targets
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision whilst keeping key stakeholders regularly updated.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to network with international people via technology.
- Must be innovative, creative, resourceful, and proactive whilst still maintaining a focus on detail.
- Must be a great leader, prompt with communication, communicates ideas clearly, is very professional, and ethical.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate & Master’s degree in Business, Management or Communications or similar and relevant fields from a recognised university.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the corporate sector or not for profit sector
- Experience of working with international people in an international setting and ability to work independently is a MUST
- Demonstrated outstanding customer care and relationship management skills is a MUST
- Must be very fluent and articulate in English both written and spoken is a MUST
- Demonstrated work experience in business development services for start-ups and SMEs is a great added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in project management and delivering quality work promptly
- Demonstrated work experience relevant to business development services for start-ups and SMEs is a great added advantage, accelerators, incubators, hubs, etc.…
- Computer literate able to use virtual working tools, and Office applications
- Personal and professional integrity, dynamism, creativity and proven ability to work under minimal supervision
- Great presentation and public speaking skills and confidence experience presenting reports and ideas.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
NB: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU OWN AND RUN YOUR OWN COMPANY, ORGANISATION OR IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PART-TIME JOB.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a job fit as described in the job description above, email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line; Grow Movement Project Manager.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step, interviews will happen on a rolling basis and the opportunity will close immediately after the position has been filled.
The deadline: 24th September 2021