Position: Quality Education Trainer – Gasabo (1 position available)
The Wellspring Foundation for Education is launching a new program, Leading Learning for All (LLFA), in public schools in Gasabo District to support school communities to create a more sustainable, enabling, and inclusive learning environment for girls and boys.
The position of Quality Education Trainer will play a key role in the program by empowering educational and schools leaders to lead, coordinate and manage teacher professional development and continuous learning at sector and school levels, and helping to foster viable and lasting partnerships between parents and schools.
As part of the program team, our trainers walk alongside educators and leaders in schools as well as parents in school communities in a coaching and mentoring relationship as well as through workshops and discussions. Therefore, a large proportion of the trainer’s time will be on active fieldwork in Gasabo public schools. The remainder of the time will be for learning (with peers and managers) and various administrative responsibilities such as planning, preparing, and reporting.
The successful candidate will be a great team player, a highly experienced educator with experience in teacher education, and will work successfully as part of a fun-loving cross-cultural team.
Anticipated start date: Mid April 2021
Reports to: Senior Program Manager/Gasabo
Works closely with: Gasabo District Liaison and Education Specialist, Community Involvement Trainers, Quality Education Trainers, Wellspring Communications Officer, Drivers and Operations Team. School Communities.
Location: Kigali – with daily work involving travel to schools all across Gasabo District
1. Be an active team player in the implementation of the innovative Gasabo Leading Learning for All Program
2. Support Gasabo teachers to effectively use learner-centered pedagogy.
3. Work alongside the school leaders, Gasabo Sector Education officers, and school-based mentors to empower them in leading and coordinating school-based continuous teacher professional development.
4. Review and gain deeper understanding through the Wellspring Quality Education training modules.
5. Contribute to the design and improvement of educational materials used throughout the program
6. Collect accurate data and produce accurate and timely progress reports as well as conduct other relevant administrative tasks.
7. Provide support as required in other program activities, including but not limited to collaborating with our Community Involvement Trainers and Communications Officer.
8. Work well as a team member:
a) Building strong relationships with each school and all education stakeholders
b) Taking turns to lead meetings and devotions
c) Supporting and encouraging fellow colleagues
9. Carry out other reasonably assigned duties, including but not limited to administrative tasks, to contribute actively to the growth and health of the organisation, supporting its vision, mission, core values, and strategic priorities
Requirements for the role
1. At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or another related field from a recognized institution of higher learning (required)
Professional Experience and Skills
Personal and Spiritual Qualities
To apply for this position, send:
Applications must be submitted by email (including scanned PDF documents) to the Gasabo Senior Program Manager, at this email address: RWrecruitment@thewellspringfoundation.org with ‘Gasabo QE Trainer’ as the subject (please sign and then scan your documents before sending as PDF attachments by email).
Closing Date for applications: Friday 12th March 2021, at 5pm
Please note that interview and selection day will take place at our office in Gasabo District if Government guidelines allow and in line with the Covid-19 preventative measures.
After the interview has taken place and before signing a contract, the successful candidate will submit the following documents:
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Foundation for Education, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*what is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your personal Christian faith journey, your local church involvement, and how you see all this as relevant to your involvement with the Wellspring Foundation.
Stay in touch with Tohoza and we'll notify you about best ads