Research Assistant at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 18/08/2022
Job Title: Research Assistant
Reports to: Director, Institute of Global health Equity Research (IGHER) and Head of Research
Group/Department: Institute of Global Health Equity Research
Location: Kigali/ Butaro
Role Purpose: The Institute of Global Health Equity Research (IGHER) is looking for a focused
and detail-oriented research assistant to aid the research project conducted by faculty members
within the institute. The ideal candidate for this position is highly self-motivated and passionate
about research and education, with superior attention to detail and organizational skills. He/She
will also manage multiple tasks, prioritizing more important duties and creating a schedule in
which to complete tasks.
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Conduct literature reviews, collect and analyze data
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of
- subjects, as necessary
- Maintaining quality controls standards to preserve the integrity of project data
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the projects
- Manage and respond to project-related communications with partners
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
- Attend project meetings, seminars, and other meetings as necessary
- Check facts, proofread, and edit research documents to ensure accuracy
- Travels to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the
- specific objectives of the study.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
- MSc in Public Health, Epidemiology, Global Health or health-related programs
- Demonstrated research experience – minimum of 2 years
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Familiarity with qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis and related software
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
- Interviewing and data collection skills.
- Ability to understand and apply specified field and/or laboratory research
- procedures and protocols.
- Skill in the use of computer spreadsheets and/or database applications in the
- compilation of research data.
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
- Health sciences and/or global health content knowledge preferred
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred
- Exemplary interpersonal skills: ability to effectively collaborate with culturally
- diverse staff across departments and countries;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Distinguishing Characteristics
The position will/may require:
- Travel to remote field sites for data collection or supervision of data collectors
- Use of internationally established research protocols, procedures, and techniques
- to collect and/or prepare field data, samples, specimens, materials
- Following detailed protocol and procedures in the recording, processing, and
- routine analysis of field data
- Setting up and operating relevant research equipment.
UGHE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Commitment to Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual
At UGHE, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including
community members – as well as our students, contractors, staff and visitors to our campus are
treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment and
any form of systemic abuse, whilst reducing risk and vulnerabilities. A range of pre-employment
checks will be undertaken in conformity with UGHE’s policy. UGHE will request information
from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, harassment, sexual harassment and any form of systemic abuse or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How To Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply Here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs