Research Officer at Legal Aid Forum(LAF) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:15/10/2021
RECRUITMENT NOTICE No LAF0021
In order to effectively accomplish its mission and vision, the Legal Aid Forum is accepting applications on a rolling basis from qualified and skilled individuals to fill the following vacant positions within its Secretariat.
- Advanced Degree in law or any related social science field with remarkable experience in research;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the legal research field;
- Knowledge and experience in access to justice, rule of law, and human rights;
- Ability to conceptualize and analyse complex material and present findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong writing skills are essential;
- Fluent written and spoken English with a strong working knowledge of French;
- Experience working with standard IT packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, etc.
- Ability to use the Internet for research.
Advise LAF secretariat about research topics, priorities, and approaches;
- Drafting research specifications and choosing how to collect data;
- Cleaning and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data for the report and helping with the preparation of infographics and policy briefs;
- Contribute to developments in surveys, including online survey systems, and perform data output and statistical analysis;
- To provide direct supervision and coordination of research projects, surveys, and data collection;
- With the support from the LAF team, elaborate relevant research
- tools to be used in research;
- Organize training sessions for research teams including data clerks on relevant research tools;
- Ensure quality and consistency in the application of the tools during the entire period of research projects;
- Conduct a qualitative and quantitative analysis of data with the participation of field data collection clerks;
- Prepare research and survey reports to be validated by the Legal Aid Forum.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, a copy of the degree(s), and relevant Certificate(s) to LAF offices addressed to the Executive Director: P.O.Box 5225 at Kimihurura, KN 14 AV, KG 668 ST electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline: 15th October 2021
Done at Kigali, on 14 September 20121