Rwanda Field Operations Training Intern at One Acre Fund, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 03/10/2022
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Young Professionals Program
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers high-performing African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund’s operations.
When joining, interns will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Throughout your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
About the Role
We are looking for a training coordinator with 1 or more years of experience who will oversee the preparation and implementation of the field team onboarding to set them up for success in their positions in a short period and track the professional development knowledge retention to ameliorate the field team professional development training program effectiveness.
- More than 1 year of working experience in a capacity-building-related role.
- This is an office-based role but you will be on the field at least 2 times per month.
- You have to be flexible anytime for some tasks that you could be assigned by your manager.
- You should demonstrate good performance in previous working responsibilities.
- Identify training needed by new hires.
- Prepare and deliver this training to new hires.
- Build an annual onboarding program and prepare teaching plans.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
- Implement the professional development training knowledge retention tracking plan.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes.
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development.
- Partner management/collaboration (work through others, build trust and partnership)
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 1+ years of experience in capacity building.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Google suites package.
- Basic knowledge in data analysis.
- Adobe suite package.
- Fluent in English.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Rubengera HQ, Rwanda
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area-based fellows will be assisted in locating suitable housing.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed continuously until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs