RWANDA PROCUREMENT PURCHASING COORDINATOR at One Acre Fund, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 03/10/2022
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core African countries, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
The Rwanda Procurement team manages the purchase of over $ 6 million in spending each year across over 5,000 transactions and oversees all operational goods. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running and it requires getting connected with our suppliers as well as the teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring operational goods and services We are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to provide support to the Rwanda Procurement team to put food on the farmer’s table by providing clients with access to the highest quality products, at the right time, every time, as cost-effectively as possible.
In this position, you won’t manage any staff.
Department name: Sourcing.
You will report to the Procurement Specialist.
- Conduct market research related to operational goods and services.
- Reinforceours the supplier database through market research.
- Assess prevailing market prices to estimate financial savings made through the Procurement team.
- Maintain long-term business relationships with our suppliers and identify and build new supplier relationships
- Execute requests for quotations, tenders, and purchases from Kigali and regions.
- Negotiate the best prices for all purchased goods and services.
- Follow up with the Finance team to make sure suppliers are paid on time.
Deliveries and client communication
- Negotiate best delivery/payment terms with suppliers.
- Build relationships with requesting departments.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the use of proactive communications
- Provide support for different procurement project execution.
- Work with internal departments to elaborate procurement plans for their different projects.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through upstream supplier relationships.
The purchasing coordinator will also perform any other duties as assigned by the manager
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in procurement /Supply Chain/ tendering/ sales fields – Having an agribusiness background is an added value.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Good at negotiation
- Language requirement: Proficiency in English & Kinyarwanda.
- “problem resolution skills” with creativity to look for alternative solutions to problems.
- “Being attentive to details”
- Have the ability to handle an intense demand with high pressure
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
3 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs