RWANDA PROGRAM OFFICER at Global Health Corps (GHC), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 03/12/2022
Rwanda Program Officer (Short-term Contract)
HYBRID – KIGALI, RWANDA /
Global Health Corps
Since 2009, Global Health Corps (GHC) has built a network of 1150+ next gen leaders committed to transforming health systems. Through a robust fellowship and alumni program, GHC seeds the health sector with innovative and resilient young leaders and invests in them to grow and drive systems change across their careers. GHC serves as a critical talent pipeline for its partners, an entry point to global health for non-clinical leaders who join as fellows, and a leadership accelerator for alumni and their networks. GHC leaders are concentrated in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and the U.S., but the network has a truly global reach across 40+ countries and 450+ health organizations.
Contract type: Short-term Contract
Contract duration: January 2023 – April 2023
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Rwanda Program Team strives to catalyze Global Health Corps’ impact, supporting fellows and alums to drive health systems change. The past 13 years have been full of exciting and rapid growth for GHC. We are in need of a Rwanda Program Officer to provide dedicated support to our fellows, alumni, and partner organizations in-country from January to April 2023. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Rwanda Country Director and requires an exceptional passion for our work. You will support the Country office manage communications to fellows, alumni, and partners (including but not limited to the Government, NGOs, and social enterprises). You will also coordinate and facilitate training events.
Specifically, the Program Officer will:
- Prepare, and organize country-based activities and events for fellows, including quarterly workshops and locally-based events and opportunities to foster community building and leadership development.
- Work with the Rwanda Country Director to manage communications with partners, fellows, and alums.
- Support fellows in completing their program commitments, such as community projects, public engagement, blogging, and professional development activities
- Support efforts on design and branding, key messages, photography of country-level activities, and fellow and alumni writing on GHC’s online publication, AMPLIFY.
- Identify, organize and execute opportunities for public engagement, professional development, and knowledge sharing to foster and support the leadership development of the Rwanda alumni community.
- Support Rwanda alumni chapter efforts to implement the national strategy, cultivate community engagement, conduct community activities, and lead collective impact.
- Support the Rwanda Country Team’s efforts to select future fellows, including in-country interview coordination.
- Support the Country Director in representing Global Health Corps in various meetings and represent GHC in different fora.
- Support the Rwanda Country Team to complete GHC’s reporting obligations to the Rwanda Governance Board(RGB), and the Network of International NGOs (NINGO).
WHO YOU ARE
- An enthusiastic advocate for Global Health Corps’ mission and values. You are inspired to empower and support leaders building a movement for global health equity. You thrive on a close-knit team that values shared integrity, inclusive collaboration, sustainable resilience, and continuous learning.
- A project manager interested in growing new skills. You bring at least 5 years of work experience and at least 3 of strong project management skills. You are experienced in project design, budgeting, contract negotiation, vendor and compliance management.
- A strong communicator and relationship builder. You enjoy looking for ways to relay information so it sticks and is easily understood. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that translates to building lasting relationships with a range of personalities from a broad range of work environments (Government, Non-profit, Businesses, Social enterprises, etc.).
- You are fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (Speaking, Writing, and Reading). You can develop structured quality content (concept notes, articles, emails, and feedback to partners) in both English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- You are an event organization and workshop facilitator: You have experience organizing workshops and retreats at the logistical level, but also you enjoy facilitating sessions for small and large audiences.
- A detail-oriented executor with a systems mindset. You understand what details matter, and you get them right. You look for ways to make project management systems simple, efficient, and user-friendly. You can turn a vision into tactical next steps.
- A problem solver who owns your work. You overcome obstacles in your work by identifying them, adapting to new information, and proactively devising solutions. You take action before being asked and hold yourself accountable when you set goals.
- An action-oriented, resourceful, and collaborative team member. You possess a “get it done” attitude, with the ability to stay focused and nimble in a dynamic environment. You work effectively across teams, time zones, and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. You are comfortable working under frequent, tight timelines.
- A professional who loves coaching and mentorship. You possess a high level of emotional intelligence. You like to help others grow through mentorship, active listening, and expanding others’ perspectives on the issues they encounter with the remit to foster a solutions-oriented attitude.
- A holder of a University Degree (Bachelor’s degree required).
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
This role is based in Kigali – Rwanda. You will have the opportunity to work from the office or at home. You will work with your manager to determine the details of a hybrid work schedule. Compensation is competitive.
If this opportunity speaks to you, please apply through this link https://jobs.lever.co/ghcorps/c0b40a24-02db-415b-8dae-2e40cf6efca8 with 1) a cover letter that explains why Global Health Corps’ work excites you and why this role is a fit for you and 2) your resume. We review applications on a rolling basis and strive to get back to applicants within two weeks.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Management Jobs