Title: Senior Associate
Job Location: Kigali
Type: Full-Time Paid
Start date: Immediate
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
CHAI’s Hepatitis Program in Rwanda commenced its support to the Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) in late 2015. This support includes technical assistance to develop strategic documents necessary for the implementation of the program, market-shaping activities to ensure Rwanda has access to low price and quality testing and treatment commodities, capacity building and service decentralization to ensure access to services across the country.
Following the launch of the National plan to eliminate Viral Hepatitis C (HCV), CHAI is particularly working with RBC to strengthen and decentralize data management systems across the country and ensure high quality data is available to inform the program and help the monitoring of the progress towards HCV elimination. CHAI is also working with RBC to strengthen the care and management of Viral Hepatitis B (HBV) and the scoping of HBV elimination.
The Senior Associate will assist the government by providing technical and strategic support to the National Hepatitis Program to ensure the programs’ readiness for Hepatitis elimination. He/She will support the implementation and the evaluation of HCV programmatic and impact indicators for elimination validation, and contribute to the development of a technical sustainability plan, post HCV elimination. The Senior Associate will also contribute to the scoping and implementation of the National HBV elimination plan. The Senior Associate will report administratively to CHAI Hepatitis Senior Program Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with fast-paced work. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. They should have proven ability at capacity building others as this will be an integral part of the role. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Collaborate with the program Manager to implement the program’s operational plans
- Work closely, on a regular basis with RBC to prepare and implement the VH elimination plan and prepare for the elimination validation based on the WHO guidance
- Support the Hepatitis Program in the development, implementation and coordination of trainings, mentorship, conferences and meetings
- Support the monitoring of activities through reviewing work plans, reports, organizing and participating in field visits.
- Contribute to evidence generation activities by developing and implementing study protocols
- Work closely with the Hepatitis unit to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to active case finding and linkage to care in order to close the loop in Hepatitis management
- Support Program Manager in donor, grant, and finance management of the program if need be.
- Contribute to the elaboration and implementation of an integration and sustainability plan of Hepatitis services.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by the PM
- Master’s s degree in public health/epidemiology or a related technical field, plus at least 3 years work experience. An advanced qualification in public health/epidemiology is an added advantage
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations
- Ability to evaluate systems holistically and advise on effectiveness of program, systems or procedures
- Ability to identify key gaps and recommend practical, realistic interventions for operational improvement
- Highly entrepreneurial with strong self-motivation
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with creative thinking capabilities
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations
- Practical project management experience
- High level of confidentiality and knowledge of research ethics
Interested candidates should send their application to https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/11275/senior-associate%2c-hepatitis-program/job. The deadline for applications is July 30, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.