Senior Field Technician Rwanda at Vacancies with Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 01/12/2022
The Senior Field Technician will implement work for trees for landscape restoration project in Kayonza and Nyagatare districts in Rwanda.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct farmer mobilization and recruitment to participate in seedling production, and agroforestry/tree planting work to achieve set targets
- Recruit lead farmers, liaise with extension staff and engage other project participants.
- Initiate and supervise diverse tree seedling production work in collaboration with local tree nurseries per set targets.
- Organize training on tree nurseries, seedlings production & care, tree planting& management, smart and conservation agriculture practices and gender main streaming and transformation.
- Conduct seedlings distribution and planting activities across farmer fields.
- By following up and collecting field data on tree seedling establishment: survival, growth performance, and gapping measures.
- Supporting overall project field implementation work, data collection, field visits, supplies requisition, meetings, reviews, and monitoring surveys.
- Preparation of detailed monthly work reports.
- Promotion of high value drought-tolerant crops
- By conducting procurement processes for crop seeds (legumes crops, pineapple, cucurbits, fodder).
- Identification of farmers who will plant the crops.
- Data collection on planted crops.
- Project monitoring, data collection and back stopping
- Disseminate project information and technical bulletins.
- Attend collaborators meeting in consultation with supervisors.
- Disseminate project information across implementation sites.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in either agroforestry, forestry, natural resource management, horticulture related fields.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
- At least 5 years hands-on field experience in implementing large agroforestry or forestry projects with data gathering requirements.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Self-driven and impressive capacity to implement workplans under minimum supervision.
- Excellent community mobilization skills and rapport
- Ability to communicate effectively, work under pressure and within tight schedules to meet ambitious tree planting targets.
- Flexibility and willingness to work for long period within rural set ups of Kirehe, Kayonza, Gatsibo and Nyagatare districts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work under pressure and within tight schedules to meet ambitious tree planting targets,
Terms and conditions
- This is a Nationally Recruited position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
The application deadline is 01 Dec-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs