Senior Internal Auditor at Muganga SACCO, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 15/08/2022
RECRUITMENT NOTICE Nº 005/07/2022
MUGANGA SACCO is a Saving and Credit Cooperative for health sector staff in Rwanda. Its primary objective is to improve members’ socio-economic conditions and promote access to finance, by assisting them to make savings and access low-rate loans, therefore contributing significantly to their retention. The SACCO started as HSS-MAG (Health Sector Staff Mutual Aid Group) and was established as a result of the Government of Rwanda’s advice to the Ministry of Health to find strategies to motivate and retain healthcare professionals in the public sector, which is one of the constraints hindering the quality of healthcare services in Rwanda.
Muganga SACCO wishes to recruit the competent and self-driven staff on the position of Senior Internal Auditor on permanent basis regardless the gender, and other kind of discriminations.
Position: Senior Internal Auditor
Number of needed staff: One
Employment period: Open-ended period (Full-time)
Working place: MUGANGA SACCO Head Office
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Reporting to the Director General, the Senior Internal auditor is responsible for providing reasonable assurance on the effectiveness of MUGANGA SACCO risk management and the strength of internal controls. He/she assesses organization-wide compliance with internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations, contractual terms and conditions, the Cooperative assistance and acquisition regulations/requirements, efficiency of operations, and accuracy of programmatic and financial reporting.
- Develop annually a risk-based internal audit plan for Audit Committee review and approval. Oversee the implementation of the approved plan; request proper resourcing for implementation of the plan operations, programs, systems and controls. Keep senior management and Audit Committee apprised of any changes needed to the internal audit plan. Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations- effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations;
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans;
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc;
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process;
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement;
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings;
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee;
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum;
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions;
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards;
- Direct the work of external auditors on select audits, as directed by the Audit Committee and senior management, to ensure the audit work remains within the prescribed guidelines;
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of Audit Committee materials. Directing in quarterly or more frequent Audit Committee meetings;
- Investigate and report to the Audit Committee on activity reported through IIE’s Hotline/Whistleblower processes and assist in investigations.
Key measurable goals
- Accurate and compliance internal audit report to national and international standards;
- MUGANGA SACCO policies and procedures changes to improve mitigation of risks and compliance of good management principles.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills and working knowledge of auditing software, such as CAMS and Audit Board.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Aptitude to collaborate and work well with all bank departments and technology partners
- Capacity to prioritize effectively and multitask as necessary.
- Ambitious professional with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting and ACCA or CPA certification with 3 years of proven working experience in accounting or auditing (working certificate is required) or
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification with 5 years of proven working experience in accounting or auditing (work certificate is required)
- To be between 25 and 40 years’ old
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter; copy of ID; CV with work certificates; copy of required degree / certificates; any other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the Muganga SACCO Office at the Ministry of Health, latest 15/08/2022 at 6:00 PM on the following email address: [email protected]
Questions/clarifications may be requested by email to the following email address: [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
Done at Kigali, on 25/07/2022
Muganga SACCO Management
- Category : Other Jobs