Senior IT Officer at Prime Life Insurance Limited Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:26/09/2021
TERMS OF REFERENCES FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF ONE SENIOR IT OFFER.
Kigali, Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Prime Life Insurance Limited is an insurance company, established in 1995 by Rwandan investors, a licensed life insurance company authorized by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). The Company is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, self- motivated and experienced person to fill the following post:
2. Senior IT Officer (1)
Under the supervision of Director of ICT and Innovation, the Senior IT Officer shall be responsible for software development assist in system, database, network, and security as described in point 3 related to responsibilities.
: Senior IT Officer (1)
: Director of ICT and Innovation
: Director of ICT and Innovation
: Open Ended Contract.
: Competitive package based on qualification and experience in range of Senior Officers
: Sunday, September 26th 2021 (17:00(5:00 PM), Kigali time)
A. Software Development (50%)
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C# code
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Implement, test, bug-fix functionality, and validation procedures
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle and reporting
B. System and Database Administration (20%)
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers and applications.
- Manage database access.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
C. Network and Security (15%)
- Configuring and supporting security tools (firewalls, antivirus, etc..)
- Identifying threats and working on steps to defend against them
- Training employees in security awareness/procedures
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords
D. Other Related IT supports (15%)
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for staff via phone, in person, or electronically
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary or advise for third party
4. Education and Experience Requirements:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Management or related field
- At least 3+ years working experience in IT including Software development, Database, Networking, etc…)
- Working in financial institution or public sector is an added advantage
- Age maximum 34
- Experience with Web services/ APIs development
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Knowledge of database security, backup, and recovery
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong customer service orientation
5. APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Qualified and interested Candidates should submit their applications to Prime Life Insurance Ltd mail: firstname.lastname@example.org IN ONE SINGLE PDF FILE and the application must include:
- Application letter addressed to CEO
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work Experience
- Copy of academic documents
- Copy of National Identification
The deadline for submitting applications is Sunday September 26th 2021 (17:00(5:00 PM), Kigali time).
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Chief Executive Officer