Senior Product Manager at One Acre Fund, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 20/11/2022
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Our ~70-strong Tech team is in charge of delivering and operating a broad range of IT solutions to support our activity, including both internal developments and off-the-shelf enterprise solutions used by farmers and field or HQ staff. This includes e.g. mobile apps for field staff to manage farmer’s orders and loans or track deliveries, BI solutions to analyze farmer yields, farmer-facing services through e.g. Whatsapp or USSD to manage their accounts, or back-office solutions to manage employee information and requests.
- Product Vision: set the strategic directions of your portfolio of solutions and manage their roadmaps
- Requirement Management: lead the functional and non-functional requirement gathering, clarification, and arbitration for new projects, prevent scope creep
- Identify new product feature opportunities and develop concepts, by creating excellent understanding of our users and market, monitor competitive landscape
- Coordinate the delivery of product evolution / “Business as Usual” requirements on established products
- Build product awareness and satisfaction, by organizing demos and awareness sessions, maintaining product documentation, running user tests and managing product feedback and analytics
- Stakeholder Management: nurture the relationship with our internal customers to understand their needs, keep them well informed and manage their expectations
- Agile Product Owner: support engineering teams during construction phases, in particular by playing the product owner role in their Agile process
- Promote an innovation culture, anticipating upcoming market needs with creative solutions
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 4+ years of experience in the software industry
- Creative and inspired attitude
- Awareness of technical possibilities of modern software
- Experience working with UI/UX design process is welcome
- A background in agriculture or African development is appreciated
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
20 November 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs