Senior Program Manager at Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:15/10/2021
TITLE: Senior Program Manager
Program: Sustainable Health Financing
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda with ~ 20% travel domestically and internationally
Type: Full-Time Paid
Start date: Immediate
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
As part of the CHAI Rwanda Management team, the Program Manager will report to the Associate Director for Universal Health Coverage and will work closely with other CHAI teams at the country and global level, including in Health Financing; Health System Strengthening; Infections Diseases; Reproductive, Maternal, and Child Health; and others. He or she will play a key role in shaping CHAI’s health financing and public health portfolio based on the technical support needs of the Rwanda government.Program and position overview
- Lead activities for CHAI Rwanda Sustainable Health Financing program and shape CHAI Rwanda health financing and public health portfolio together with the rest of CHAI Rwanda Management Team.
- Act as a key advisor to government stakeholders to support them in the design and implementation of health financing interventions and reforms. Those will include, and not be limited to, the following:
- An ambitious provider payment reform for primary health care providers
- The institutionalization of an evidence-based process to revise CBHI health benefit package
- The strengthening of donor coordination to support a sustainable domestic resource mobilization
- Advise government on the development and implementation of a mid to long-term financing plan for primary health system strengthening, and help drive progress towards a stronger and more sustainable PHC system
- Supervise a team of associates and technical advisors with diverse professional and educational backgrounds and work with HR to lead and support talent management and development initiatives.
- Provide technical advice and oversight over the quality of deliverables and ensure that communications and work products that are shared externally meet CHAI standards.
- Identify and develop medium-term action areas to address key public health issues in Rwanda and as needed, work with CHAI donors to mobilize funding to address these needs.
- Pursue opportunities for collaboration with other CHAI teams, helping to build a cross-cutting community of practice within the country, region, and organization.
- Master’s degree with at least 7-8 years of experience in a demanding environment, ideally in health financing, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership. Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is highly preferred.
- Program management experience, working end to end from strategy development to proposal development, through implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting, as well as program budgeting and operations.
- Strong demonstrated project and team management skills and a passion for mentoring and coaching team members.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience in developing and managing government relations. Strong ability to build consensus among diverse multi-stakeholder groups and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with proven experience in launching new projects or initiatives and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills, including time management and project management. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize and manage projects under pressure.
- Strong quantitative, presentation, and writing skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong work ethic, humility, and integrity.
- Excellent working command of the English language
- Experience in Health Financing and(or) Health systems strengthening and (or) Supply Chain Management, and management consulting;
- Experience working with government authorities in developing countries, with experience in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience working in public health and with international organizations;
- Familiarity with a broad range of key global health issues, including Primary healthcare, health systems, or health financing challenges in developing countries.
- Fluency in French or Kinyarwanda.
Interested candidates should send their applications to https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/11395/senior-program-manager%2c-sustainable-health-financing/job. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline: 15 October 2021