Software Developer at Business Development Fund Ltd (BDF) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:07/10/2021
BDF Ltd is a public limited company whose mission is to promote SME Development through the provision of financial and non-financial services to enhance the lending mechanisms of financial institutions as the leading institution in facilitating both companies and individual bankable projects to access financial services, through the provision of financial facilities and business advisory services for national development.
With the above mandate, BDF would like to undertake a 2years digitization project that will focus on the development of the BDF Business core system and automation of BDF Business processes for smooth operations.
It is in this regard that, BDF wishes to recruit Qualified and self-motivated individuals in the following positions:
3. Position: Software Developer (1)
Reporting to both: Project Manager
Office Location: BDF Headquarters
Software Developer will be responsible for to monitoring systems’ development and take charge of completed developments for day-to-day maintenance purposes, also to do some changes in handling of the application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new software solutions for the institution
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
- Providing written knowledge transfer material
- Train system users on the new system functionalities or new systems deployed
- Spear head UAT
Qualifications and Knowledge required:
- Bachelor’s degree (A0) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 5 years working experience in system integration, developing large software application, systems, and databases or,
- Master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 3 years working experience in system integration, developing large software application, systems, and databases
- Required Certifications: Java Programing certificate
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
- Proven experience as a Software developer
- Strong understanding of IT system development lifecycle, systems engineering, and systems integration implementation process
- Strong ability to understand how a particular solution fits into the overall client needs
- Systems implementation skills include requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting, and project management
- Experience in UI designing is an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Server environments (window, linux, Unix)
- Proficient in RDBMS (expertise with Stored Procedures and User-Defined Functions), database structures, and ADO)
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Documentation of the developed codes and systems
How to apply: Please submit the following as one (1) document,
- Application letter with signed Curriculum Vitae,
- Notified copies of academic,
- Professional certificates,
- Employment certificates
- A copy of Identity card
- Contact details of three references
Send to BDF Info@bdf.rw, attention to Chief Executive Officer not later than 7th October 2021 at 11 A.M.
NB: Email subject should indicate Position title. BDF will contact only those who will be shortlisted.