ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We believe that technology is key to building the most efficient rural distribution network on the African continent. Our passionate dev team manages a range of web, chat, and mobile solutions to support our field operations staff, such as registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, and BI decision-support solutions such as analyzing loan repayments.
Our tech is C# .Net Core, CouchBase, React Native, and Kubernetes.
Our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, and Azure DevOps.
- Report to the Senior Manager of Software Development
- Lead 4-6 team members working in Agile to ship our solutions
- Contribute to our solutions’ architecture and design
- Watch for adherence to our technical and quality standards
- Support your team members’ growth
- Nurture a great team culture
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years experience building software solutions
- A desire to keep learning
- Comfortable with cloud-native technologies and architecture
- Experienced Agile (scrum) practitioner – CSM/CSPO appreciated
- Passion for quality and automation
- Some management experience is a plus
- One major web or mobile front-end technology (Angular, React, Vue.js)
- One major back-end language (.Net C#, Java, Go, or NodeJS)
- One NoSQL database engine (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE:9th September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.