GOLDEN PLAZA, 3rd Floor
KG 546 Street 1
P.O. Box 6639-Kigali
Tel.: + (250) 738795924
Statistician Intern – Professional Internship Opportunity
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they are needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks professional intern statistician to support research activities for the USAID Ingobyi Activity. Ingobyi Activity supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal morbidity and mortality in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The intern will assist the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team to deliver day-to-day support to ongoing operational research projects. The duration of this internship is three (3) months, with a possibility to be extended for another period of three (3) months depending on the Intern’s performance and availability of funds. The internship will offer an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned from a training institution in a real-world setting.
The Intern will not be entitled to wages or a promise of employment at the end of the internship. All activities carried out during the internship must be in conformity with IntraHealth International Rwanda Office’s mission and goals.
- Coordinate administrative tasks associated with operational research at Ingobyi Activity;
- Coordinate data collection activities;
- Oversee data storage and ensure all ethical procedures for studies are observed;
- Support data cleaning and data analysis;
- Support recruitment of research participants and scheduling of interviews ;
- Provide other administrative and scientific support related to operational research.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Fresh graduates – graduated within the last two years.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree or higher in biostatistics, statistics, or data science
- Ability to schedule and coordinate data collection activities across multiple sites in multiple districts.
- Strong interests in research.
- Ability to conduct basic data analysis and create dummy tables.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to use Stata, R or other statistical analysis software
- Experience using digital data collection tools such as KoboCollect.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to support research administration.
- Rwandan nationality.
- Good communication skills in English and/or French – knowledge of both languages is an asset.
- Current enrollment in a medical insurance scheme.
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to the Chief of Party via email: HR-Rwanda@intrahealth.org with “statistician Intern” in the subject line, no later than July 1, 2021.
The application file should be submitted in one PDF file that combines:
- Motivation letter and updated CV which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number, and email address.
- Copy of academic degrees.
- Copy of medical insurance card.
- Proof of completed assignments if any.
Note: Any application that does not comply with the above instructions will be rejected.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and consultancies.