Submission of funding request for Cooperatives, Producer Groups, and Enterprises operating in Rwanda – CLOSE: 17/05/2021
Call for Proposals
The U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF) invites proposals from African cooperatives, producer groups, and enterprises for grant financing and local support for innovative solutions that extend their own capabilities to increase revenues, create jobs, improve farmer incomes, and achieve sustainable market-based growth.
Proposals will only be accepted from registered agricultural cooperatives, producer groups, and agricultural processors in Rwanda, working directly in the following value chain- sector: COFFEE, TEA, MAIZE/BEANS and RICE. Innovative approaches to agricultural and economic development will also be considered. This includes, but is not limited to digitization, information technology, agricultural solutions using renewable energy.
Maximum award US $ 250,000.
- The organization must demonstrate that it has successfully worked together for a minimum of 2 years, have a minimum of 200 active members or suppliers, and has the capability to effectively use grants funds.
- The ownership and management must be in agreement on the problem to be addressed and have a commitment to benefit their community.
- The organization must have basic functional management and financial controls for a minimum of 2 years to demonstrate capability to account for USADF funds.
- Organizations must be 100% Africa-owned and led.
Successful Proposals Must
- Have a clearly defined market opportunity to grow revenues that can increase incomes.
- Have a clearly defined plan of how they can increase revenues and incomes in 2- 4 years.
- Be able to make significant cash or in-kind contributions to the project.
- Be able to directly impact hundreds of people and community members.
- Be able to identify a path for growth after the USADF grant ends.
- Special consideration will be given to applications that incorporate innovative strategies to make use of new approaches and technologies, including complementary finance and information technology.
- Special consideration will also be given to women owned organizations and applications that promote youth.
For details go to:
Submit your application form, financial statements for the last 2 years and a copy of registration document to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2021.