Supply Chain Specialist at World Vision International Rwanda, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 21/08/2022
Supply Chain Specialist
World Vision Rwanda is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 30 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Supply Chain Specialist. The position will be based at Head Office – Kigali reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To effectively advise the Supply Chain function in line with World Vision’s procedures in order to support timely implementation of World Vision Programs/Projects that will have the greatest impact on process improvement, simplification, standardization and cost containment thus ensuring the achievement of the Child Well Being Outcomes.
The major responsibilities include:
End Results Expected
1. Participate in developing Functional Strategy through understanding and capturing stakeholders’ needs.
2. Translate the strategy into Annual Business Plans with the guidance of Manager.
Stakeholders’ needs are represented in functional strategies and ABPs.
1. Establish and communicate priorities based on customer needs. Contribute to cross-functional planning activities.
2. Engage with Partners / Sub-Grantees in procurement planning process.
3. Advise on, and participate in development of consolidated procurement plan and sourcing strategy
4. Develop sources of competitive advantage to ensure that the supply chain management function supports the achievement of the organization’s source of competitive advantage.
5. Advise on the Country planning process guidelines to communicate with the Operations Teams.
Field and Partner requirements in Procurement planning are well captured in APP guidelines and the APP process is well supported.
1. Execute the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the set guidelines and supervise Assessments at Field level.
2. Manage the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies as per the approved framework and supervise the process at Field Offices.
3. Lead negotiations for the assigned Categories and guide negotiation strategies for the categories assigned to Coordinators.
4. Supervise the Sourcing events at Field Offices.
5. Review / preparation Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision-making process.
6. Analyze and ensure that Partners’ / Sub-Grantees’ market assessment process, supplier pre-qualification process, RFQ/P and evaluation process, meets WV / Donor requirements, and capture any gaps identified in the capacity development plans / exemption approvals.
7. Facilitate Purchasing Committee meetings and ensure that proper documentation is maintained.
Strategic Sourcing steps are properly followed for all assigned categories, at all levels of operations including partners.
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
1. Draft supplier contracts for those categories where the vetted global standard contract format is not applicable, and reviews supplier recommended changes.
2. Ensure that the suppliers understand contractual conditions and performance indicators.
3. Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
4. Identify & resolve or escalate contract-related issues both internally and externally, and propose improvements to the contracting process.
5. Develop supplier Key Performance Indicators based on guidelines / category and monitoring process.
Contracts and supplier relationships are managed, resolving any contract related disputes.
1. Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions (Pending Buyer Action), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event if required items are not already on contract, update the PR with actual supplier record and release PR for approval.
2. Follow Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold.
3. Manage PO Change requests coordinating with Requesters, Budget Owners and Suppliers
Day to Day procurement operations are managed smoothly, in compliance to policies and procedures.
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
1. Monitor performance of key indicators, conduct root cause analysis of low performing areas and develop plans to improve those indicators
2. Conduct cost price analysis to formulate negotiation plans.
3. Analyze industry trends and market competitions to develop business improvement initiatives.
Supplier performance, cost and market related information is well used for business improvements.
Process, Procedure and Policy
1. Socialize and implement the approved policies (including exemptions approved), processes and guidelines.
2. Conduct regularly reviews of procurement policies, processes and guidelines to measure their effectiveness and applicability, including customer satisfaction and report to NO Management.
3. Advise National Offices on how to manage and maintain Logistics Tool & Dashboard for metric visibility in supply chain channels and timely communication with clients
4. Review with Partners / Sub-Grantees, their SCM Policies, procedures and etc. to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans.
Adherence to Process, Procedure and Policy in fulfilling procurement needs.
Systems Development and Implementation
1. Prepare reports for management.
2. Prepare general and detailed guidelines for the required systems
Availability of system generated management reports and guidelines.
Control and Compliance
1. Develop risk identification & assessment tools, registers and other tools and assess SCM related risks.
2. Develop proper filing and record keeping process for supply chain activities and ensure procurement audit trail is always available.
3. Monitor adherence to control measures and compliance with WV supply chain policies and guidelines.
4. Escalate any form of breach of controls, frauds, non-compliance, misappropriation of WV funds and assets related to SCM identified during the monitoring process.
5. Implementation of agreed audit recommendations in the procurement process as per the guidance given by the HoD.
6. Review Partners / Sub-Grantees, internal control system in the procurement process to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans.
7. Periodically monitor the progress on implementation of recommendations and update the management of all parties.
Procurement related Risks are identified, recorded and mitigation measures are taken.
Leadership and Coaching
1. Ensure that all Supply Chain staff members understand Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems
2. Support in planning and coordinating departmental meetings to review status of tasks and update Senior Management Team on the progress of the departments’ functions.
Procurement policies, processes and systems are clear to Supply Chain staff members.
Training and Capacity Building
1. Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff from Supply Chain Staff and other WVI Departments on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems.
2. Conduct Partners’ / Sub-Grantees’ capacity assessment and capacity building plans as per set framework / guidelines.
3. Train the Partners / Sub-Grantees based on the approved capacity-building plan, monitor progress. Coordinate with internal stakeholders in monitoring the progress and submit progress reports to the management.
Stakeholders and partners are clear on WV Policies, processes and other procurement related guidelines.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Required Professional Experience
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 21st August 2022; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Category : Other Jobs