Supply of Hair Dressing Trade at Interpeace, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 15/08/2022
July 26th, 2022
Title: Supply of Hair Dressing Trade
Closing date: August 15th 2022
Interpeace is an international organization for peacebuilding, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Its aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the UN) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world through better understanding and response to the challenges of creating local capacities that enhance social and political cohesion. For more information about Interpeace, please visit www.interpeace.org
In the 27 years since the genocide against the Tutsi, Rwanda has made strident efforts towards recovery and healing, across various dimensions of social and economic life. This has been characterized by cross-sectoral and locally owned innovations in diverse fields of practice, such as mental health, social cohesion, and sustainability of livelihoods. With the funding from European Union, Interpeace Rwanda is seeking to support the implementation of Rwanda Government’s mental health strategy (2020-2024), Through the ‘’Reinforcing community capacity for social cohesion and reconciliation through societal trauma healing in Bugesera District’’ Programme, Interpeace supported the training of young women and men in Bugesera District to acquire TVET skills in the trades of their choice. This Programme is implemented in partnership with Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR), the National Unity and Reconciliation Commission (NURC), Bugesera District, Rwanda Correctional Service (RCS) and the Ministry of Health through Rwanda Bio-medical Center (RBC).
The acquisition of these skills as well as eventual start-up kits to these youth to form cooperatives and start income generating activities is in line with promoting “Reconciliation in Action”, growth-driven, forward-looking socio-economic initiatives aimed at strengthening the link between psychosocial wellbeing, reconciliation, and economic development. The successful bidder will be required to deliver the Youth TVET and RCS Equipment and Materials to these groups in Bugesera District in good condition.
Delivery location for the Equipment
The Equipment and materials will be delivered to the respective Hub locations in Bugesera District.
The required equipment/materials shall conform to the minimum technical specifications as specified on the individual item in the attached detailed equipment list.
Quotations must include the following information at a minimum. Incomplete quotations may be rejected.
- Full company name, physical and mailing address, and country of registration of the bidder.
- Detailed company profile and understanding of the tender as regards the equipment technical specifications, purpose, and price which should be in Rwanda Francs.
- Delivery timing and terms.
- Past supply information-At least 2 references from reputable organizations with supply of the same quantity or more.
- Please include “Supply of “TVET Equipment and Materials” in the subject line of the application e-mail.
Tender Submission Guidelines
- Financial proposal: The contractor shall propose a reasonable cost estimate. The registered company shall be entirely responsible for all taxes incurred.
- Experience: Bidding companies shall include information regarding their experience in the business, customer lists, proof of supplying similar goods such as copies of contracts, certificates of supply completion, etc. Bidders are encouraged to provide at least 3 reference letters in relation to supply of the similar goods.
- Bid validity period: 90 calendar days.
The selection will be based on demonstrated experience in business, fulfillment of the product technical specifications as per the Tender Notice, and cost.
The outcome of the selection shall be notified to the bidders through the email and thereafter the successful bidder shall be invited for contract negotiation and signing.
Validity of bids
The validity of bids shall be 90 days starting from the deadline for submission of bids. Interpeace Rwanda may cancel the tender at any time before the signing of the contract, including the reduction on prices of items that Interpeace will judge to be out of the normal range.
The bid document must include the following administrative documents at a minimum. Incomplete quotations may be rejected.
- Business registration certificate
- Valid tax clearance certificate
Quotations and Submission
Well-presented bids prepared in English language must be sent to Interpeace Rwanda via [email protected] not later than August 15th, 2022, at 2pm local time. Bids submitted after the fore mentioned date and time will be rejected.
For more information about Interpeace, its values and working principles, please visit its website: www.interpeace.org
- Category : Tenders