CALL FOR TENDER
Supplying of Diesel and Petrol
Date of Notice: Friday 8th June 2021
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th June 2021 at 5:00pm
Wellspring Foundation for Education (Wellspring) is an International NGO that has the mandate to be a catalyst for transforming education in Africa and to foster vibrant communities that address poverty in all its forms. Headquartered in Langley BC, Canada, and expanding in Rwanda and Eastern Africa. Wellspring is a growing development agency, focusing on innovative solutions to address the need to empower a new generation and bring transformational change through quality Christian values-based education.
Wellspring has been working in Rwanda since 2008; and currently we implement our projects in the districts of Gasabo and Rubavu through our innovative School Development Program to support educators, leaders, and the school community in the provision of quality education (SDP).
Well Spring Foundation invites sealed bids from eligible and competent authorized dealers/suppliers to supply automotive fuel (Petrol & Diesel for vehicles).
The aim is to achieve a reliable supplier of Diesel and Petrol fuel for Wellspring’ at a reasonable cost. The contract period shall be one year (1) with an option to review subject to satisfactory service.
To Provide Diesel and Petrol for 10 vehicles at fueling points/stations within Kigali and Rubavu. Six vehicles are based in the Kigali office to support our Project within Gasabo District and four are based in Rubavu to support Rubavu projects.
Diesel and Petrol is available any time on demand by the Wellspring. Availability of fuel at different fueling stations in Kigali and Rubavu is a must.
5. Specific Tasks/Activities
To have robust and reliable procedures to ensure fuel/diesel is supplied to Wellspring vehicles; We require access for fuel during normal working hours and occasionally outside normal working hours. A voucher or electronic card containing details of the vehicle being fueled, kilometer display at the time of fueling shall be maintained by the fuel supplier.
6. Methodology of reporting
A monthly invoice will be submitted with the copies of vouchers/summary containing vehicle number, driver name and signature, kilometer, date and quantity or petrol or diesel supplied. Changes in prices of fuel shall be reported in writing and should be commensurate to the announcement by the Ministry of Commerce. Prices quoted should be net inclusive of all taxes and must be expressed in Rwandan Francs and shall remain valid for at least one (1) year from the closing date of the tender.
7. Instruction of Tenders
A. Eligible Tenderers
This invitation for Tenders is open to all tenderers eligible as described in the Invitation to Tender
B. Terms of Reference
- Bibber must provide a licence authorising them to perform fuel business in Rwanda
- Bidders must submit a valid/updated Tax clearance from RRA
- Bids must be stated in Rwanda Francs;
- Bids must be in unit price (per litre).
- Bids must be specified if VAT is included or not;
- Bidder must have EBM to facilitate payment as per RRA regulations;
- Bidders must show key information they put on monthly fuel report
- Bids must demonstrate the supplier’s capacity to deliver the stated scope of items;
- Participation to the competition is open on equal conditions to all companies that supply automotive fuel;
- The successful bidder will sign a one year contract renewable (upon satisfaction with the quality of service);
- Successful Bidder is expected to keep the same price for one year (period of contract);
C. Documents Comprising the Bid
The Bids shall comprise of the following:
- Brief company profile
- Technical proposal
- Financial proposal
- Full address of bidding company indicating Country, Province, District, Sector, Cell, Village, Street number, E-mail, telephone number, Post office box and Bank account details.
- Copy of RDB certificate;
- Original or a certified copy of a valid RAA tax clearance certificate
- Valid VAT certificate offered by RRA;
- References of at least three similar contracts executed with other companies or NGO
- Well written bids, written in English, properly arranged should be submitted in sealed envelope to The Wellspring Foundation Rwanda Office/Reception located at KG 270 St, Nyarutarama in the CLA Church compound. Deadline for submission is Tuesday 15th June 2021 at 17:00pm. On the envelope should be marked in capital letters: BID FOR SUPPLYING OF DIESEL & PETROL FUEL
- Internal tender committee will evaluate the bids, then after a decision is made we will contact the preferred bidder by email.
Note: Bidders who would wish to have a hard copy of this tender document can collect it from our Office reception.
Done in Kigali,
On 8th June 2021
The Wellspring Foundation, Director of Operations