Technical Manager at LuNa Smelter Ltd, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 12/08/2022
Kigali, July 26, 2022
LuNa Smelter Ltd is Rwanda’s established tin smelter in Kigali Rwanda. As part of its optimization and localization plans the company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand in the mining sector, and that of the region.
LuNa Smelter Ltd is looking for an experienced professional to fill the following vacancy;
Reporting to: Managing Director
Employment Type: Full time
Required Experience, Skills, Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Metallurgy/Material Science/Chemistry/Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- Industrial experience field with proven, minimum 5 years, leadership in the smelting/metallurgical industry. Tin Smelter EAF experience will be an additional value.
- Fluent in English. Additional French will be also highly valued.
- Availability and willingness to relocate to Kigali, Rwanda.
- Proven mentoring and coaching abilities, demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to lead through influencing and demonstrating high energy.
- Emphasize a sense of urgency and consistency in execution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with parties both internal and external to the company.
- Critical thinking abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good and steady work under pressure.
- Technical skills and knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, variable cost productivity, quality and cost systems, procedures and EHS, risk assessment
- Integrity – demonstrated acceptance and adherence to high ethical, moral and personal values
Key areas of responsibilities
- Manage the entire production facility in order to reach defined targets in quality, cost, delivery and safety.
- Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards.
- Plan, organize, and consequently execute the production tasks with a strong focus on established KPIs and EHS standards.
- Secure the highest quality and manufacturing standards.
- Ensure continuous and failure-free operation of the furnace and auxiliary devices.
- Ensure an effective and optimal resources, people, materials and goods usage in a dedicated area.
- Aim to production costs and time reduction.
- Ensure the safety workplace.
- Analyse and mitigate the risks within the production activities.
- Encourage continuous development strategy, by implementing learning organization and self-excellence culture.
- Lead R&D projects and implement new solutions.
- Diagnose production related problems occurred both within and outside of the Smelter and solve them effectively.
- All other duties assigned to him by the superiors as per the current requirement in the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected] not later than August 26, 2022.
Email subject: Must clearly state the “job title” you are applying for.
CV Naming: Your CV name must bear both your first and second names respectively.
Note: This position is open locally and internationally. All candidates applying for this position will be selected on merit and only those short-listed will be invited for interviews.
- Category : Other Jobs