Position: Technical Sales Manager
Reports to: Commercial DOCs &Shops Manager
Location: Kigali with 90%field travels
Uzima Chicken ltd is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in the Country. We are a rapidly growing company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Uzima Chicken ltd is National based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every family in Rwanda, and East African Community, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.
- Visit customer facilities to evaluate programs and provide recommendations to control, prevent, and treat specific health challenges.
- Conducts field investigations of economically significant Poultry disease problems and acts as a consultant for livestock producers, veterinary practitioners, animal scientists, nutritionists, etc.
- Layer Day Old chick sales and layers feeds
- Participates in the laboratory investigation of economically significant animal diseases.
- Visiting poultry farmers to provide veterinary support
- In connection with Catchment sales officers, disseminate information regarding Uzima chicken new products to farmers and encourage the latter to use them.
- Help catchment Sales officers technically on house design and management of chicks to ensure a quality product to small holder farmers
- Performs activities directed towards the detection, control, prevention and eradication of poultry diseases.
- Performs necropsy and histopathologic examinations, orders appropriate additional laboratory tests and interprets resulting data.
- Plans, organizes and leads laboratory investigations of poultry diseases.
- Prepares and conducts extension education programs for livestock producers, producer groups and veterinary practitioners.
- Working with Uzima chicken’s customers and distributors concerning all aspects of the health status and performance of the product.
- Conducting training for smallholder farmers
- Participates in the training of technical and support staff and of junior colleagues.
- Suggests feed changes to increase egg production
- Keep abreast of competitive products, applications, market conditions
- Scout for new customers and new opportunities within segment
- Provide active promotion and support for new products and services in support of growth
- Offer appropriate support for newly identified opportunities or projects.
- Provide regular updates and conform to reporting requirements.
- Implement promotional and public relations activities developed by marketing team like distribution of promotional materials on market days and meetings.
- Conduct ongoing market assessment and recommend any required change in tactics and strategies.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor or his delegate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in animal production, veterinary medicine or related field.
- Requires at least 5 years work experience in the same field.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills both in English and Kinyarwanda
- French could be an added advantage
- Should be sociable, able to interact with the company customers.
Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application letter and updated Curriculum Vitae by using the” Apply for this job” button below before 30th June, 2021