UPGRADE AND EXTENSION OF DIFFERENT MV LINES FOR IMPROVED SUBSTATION AND UPGRADE OF KARISIMBI 6.6 kV LINE to 30 kV at Energy Development Corporation Limited(EDCL), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE:20/12/2022
IFB Number: 002/W/2022-2023/ OCBI/TSRLMC-ADB
Invitation for Bids [IFB] (Works without Prequalification)
Employer: Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
Project: Transmission System Reinforcement and Last Mile Connectivity
Contract title: UPGRADE AND EXTENSION OF DIFFERENT MV LINES FOR IMPROVED
SUBSTATION AND UPGRADE OF KARISIMBI 6.6 kV LINE to 30 kV
Loan No.: 2000300999999
Procurement Method: Open Competitive Bidding (International) (OCBI)
Issued on: 03/10/2022
The Government of Rwanda has received financing from the African Development Bank (ADB) hereinafter called the Bank toward the cost of the Transmission System reinforcement and Last Mile Connectivity Project (TSRLMC), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for UPGRADE AND EXTENSION OF DIFFERENT MV LINES FOR IMPROVED SUBSTATION AND UPGRADE OF KARISIMBI 6.6 kV LINE to 30 kV For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as DEFINED in the Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines and procedures for Investment Project Financing, except for those payments, which the contract provides to be made through letter of credit.
2. The Energy Development and Corporation Limited now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for UPGRADE AND EXTENSION OF DIFFERENT MV LINES FOR IMPROVED SUBSTATION AND UPGRADE OF KARISIMBI 6.6 kV LINE to 30 kV.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the Open Competitive Bidding (International), OCBI procedures as specified in the Bank’s Procurement Framework “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015, IFB and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Framework.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Energy Development and Corporation Limited, Christine UWAJENEZA ( email@example.com ) and/or Gervais NDAYISABA ( firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding document during office hours 0700 to 1700 hours at the address given below.
5. The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Fifty US Dollars (USD 50) The method of payment will be deposit on the Bank Account N° 1000057734 in USD opened at National Bank of Rwanda in the name of EDCL EAQIP IDA Designated Account, Swift Code: BNRWRWRW. The document will be sent by e-mail below: email@example.com; copy to firstname.lastname@example.org , and email@example.com
6. Site visit is scheduled, and the meeting point is at Musanze District Headquarters on
08/11/2022, 10:00am (Local time).
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 20/12/2022 at 10:00 a.m local time. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 20/12/2022 at 10:30 a.m, Local time
8. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Nine Hundred Twenty-Three Thousand US Dollars (USD 923,000). In case of Swift message, the bidder shall provide the authentication by the corresponding local bank.
9. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Framework requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
10. The address (es) referred to above is (are):
Energy Development Corporation Ltd
- Rwanda Universal Energy Access Program
- KN2 ST 3, Nyarugenge District, Kigali City
- P.O.B 3855 Kigali, Rwanda
- Tel.: (250) 787172265
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- website: www.reg.rw
Kigali City Tower (KTC), 2nd Floor, Procurement Office
Gentille UMUSHASHI Félix GAKUBA
Head Procurement Management Managing Director
- Category : Tenders