Job Description – Colleague
This is a summary of the key duties and responsibilities related to the position below and includes the skills, experience, and educational background required by the employee, as well as the competencies and behaviors that are expected at this level.
Please take your time to read through it, sign the acknowledgment and hand it back to Human Resources
1 Position Details
- Position Accounts Payable Accountant
- Level Colleague
- Department Finance & Accounting
- Reports to Accountant (Kigali)
- Subordinates none
2 Job Details & Requirements
The AP accountant is responsible for coordinating vendor-related transactions, reconciliation of payable accounts, processing vendor payments, following up with the bank to ensure disbursement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing documents from cost controller (assistant accountant)
- Checking to ensure procurement is done as per set policies
- Liaising with vendors for periodic statements
- Creditor account reconciliations
- Preparation of AP aging report
- Processing payments as per AP reconciliations
- Follow up on bank disbursements
- Petty cash handling
- Taxes recognition, filling, payment, and reconciliation
- Assisting the accountant on the execution of other finance tasks
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- 2 years experience in the hotel accounting department
- Bachelors degree/Accountant certification
- Interpersonal, organizational, and strong administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good business acumen
- Computer literate
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest by using the “Apply for this job” button below.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The deadline: 29 July 2021