Ruzizi Tented Lodge is luxury Eco lodge located on shores of Lake Ihema inside Akagera national Park, lodge is managed by Akagera Management Company Ltd (AMC Ltd).Akagera Management Company Ltd was created as partnership between Rwanda Development Board (RDB) and African Parks Network (APN) to manage Akagera National Park. Through the management of the park, Ruzizi Tented lodge is seeking to recruit suitable candidate to fill the vacant post of Kitchen Chef at Ruzizi Tented Lodge in Akagera National Park.
JOB TITLE: Kitchen Chef
REPORTING TO: Ruzizi Tented Lodge Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Kitchen Chef will be primarily responsible to prepare food for the Lodge Guests depending on their order and ensuring the safety of the kitchen at all times. A chef is also responsible to report any shortage of the food stuff in the kitchen to the relevant persons.
Duties and responsibilities
- Food preparation
- Planning Menus
- Managing Kitchen Inventory and ordering raw materials
- Maintaining Health and Hygiene in the kitchen
- Mentor and coach Junior staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Minimum Education Qualification
The interested candidates should have a minimum of Hospitality and culinary art certificate or Diploma from recognized TVT Institute/ University.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from reputable kitchen
- Integrity and Interpersonal skills
- Proficient in English both spoken and written
- Ability to perform demanding and flexible work, during day and night
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work in remote or isolated areas
- Ability to work under pressure and overtime
- Be Rwanda national (ID Photocopy)
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letter together with CVs in English language providing details of three referees, email address and telephone contact should be submitted by email to email@example.com (with the attachment being in PDF format) not later than 10th July 2021. Application should be addressed to:
Park Manager, Akagera Management Company
Please note that only candidates with the needed qualifications and relevant experience will be contacted after being shortlisted, if you don’t hear from us after 2 weeks of application, know that your application have not been successful.