Nurturing Care Specialist at Handicap and International (HI), Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 4/12/2022
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
The Nurturing Care (NC) / Early Childhood Development (ECD) Specialist will provide technical guidance, supervision, monitoring and support to EAR Region (Rwanda, Uganda and possibly Kenya) and DRC in the development, implementation and improvement of NC/ECD related programmes focusing on DGD funded 5-years projects in DRC, Rwanda and Uganda. She/He will coordinate and ensure synergies between these projects implemented in different contexts in coordination with all relevant departments including operations, support and other technical sectors departments both in field and in Headquarters.
Although the three country projects supported within the NC/ECD framework have different implementation strategies and are implemented in very different contexts, from Humanitarian to Development, all of them follow a common technical framework. The Specialist will therefore have to provide specific project support to ensure each project quality while identifying and strengthening synergies and common objectives. A strong component of the role of the specialist will be around monitoring, evaluation and learning sharing and developing strong sharing between project teams.
The Technical Specialist will be based in Kigali, Rwanda with frequent traveling to DRC and Uganda (40% time).
Under the management of the Regional Technical Unit Manager your main objectives will be:
• Contributes to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies;
• Ensures technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards in his/her sectorial scope.
• Ensures technical coordination and synergies between the different Nurturing Care projects in DRC, Rwanda and Uganda
• Ensures technical learning from projects
• Coordinates with MEAL departments in each country the data collection, analysis and learnings sharing of NC related projects
• Ensures the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the Programmes under his/her scope;
• Ensures compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes
• Contributes to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, in his/her sectorial scope;
• Contributes to the Technical Divisions professional channel animation.
Coordination of DGD funded Nurturing Care programme
• Ensures close coordination of the NC programme between the three country projects
o Leads regular coordination meetings with projects teams
o Ensures regular monitoring of projects implementation
o Develops and roll out projects related tools
o Strengthens synergies between projects
o Coordinates projects common communication with relevant departments
• Contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in his sectorial scope.
• Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under his sectorial scope.
• You hold a degree (master level or equivalent work experience) in Child Health, Social worker, MNCH, Mental health, Child Protection or Rehabilitation (paediatric)
• You have 5-year of experience in coordination
• You have 5-year experience in ECD related fields (Health, Protection, Social Working) working with new-borns, toddlers and your children
• You have experience in regional programs or in simultaneous coordination of pluri-country projects
• You are experienced in working with local government and international and local development partners for integrated, multi-sectoral ECD interventions
• You are experienced in designing, providing and monitoring capacity building schemes.
• You are Bilingual French / English in writing and speaking
• You know how to work as part of a team/network and how to cooperate
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• 18 International contract starting from the 1st of February 2023
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: 576.95 € net/month – paid in the field
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
• R&R: according to the level of the mission Level 1: 1 day per month
o open to couples
o open to families (more than 12 months) : package familial
? a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
? Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
? Family-wide health coverage
• Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
• Housing: individual taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs