Programs Manager at Legal Aid Forum(LAF) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:15/10/2021
RECRUITMENT NOTICE No LAF0021
In order to effectively accomplish its mission and vision, the Legal Aid Forum is accepting applications on a rolling basis from qualified and skilled individuals to fill the following vacant positions within its Secretariat.
Qualifications and desired skills
- Advanced degree in Law or other relevant social science fields with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing access and related projects;
- Demonstrated knowledge and acquaintance of the Justice Sector in Rwanda;
- Demonstrated knowledge of core project management skills;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities;
- Experience working with NGOs;
- Fluent in spoken and written English with working knowledge of French;
- Commitment for access to justice for venerable groups;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management styles.
- Coordination of programs, projects, and initiatives;
- Assist in overseeing the development of annual planning processes and LAF activities;
- Be part of LAF Secretariat Management Committee and provide leadership in his/her area of expertise;
- Quality control of programs, identifying potential challenges and addressing them in conjunction with the Management;
- Writing, or contribute in writing of project reports and donor reports;
- Preparing proposals, work plans, budgets, and progress reports;
- Provide input on strategic direction of activities and identify opportunities for productive interventions;
- Participate in strategic planning and work plan development;
- Assess the capacity building needs and implement capacity building and professional development programs for members of LAF;
- Assist the Executive Director where required in developing policies for sound management for programs;
- Contribute to the functioning of the Legal Aid Civil Society Fund, in conjunction with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Business Development Officers;
- Supervise and coach staff attached to the department of programs;
- Assist the Executive Director in developing strategic partnerships and strengthening linkages with donors, government institutions, and civil society;
- Participate in meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences particularly related to LAF activities /programs as designated by the Executive Director.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, a copy of the degree(s), and relevant Certificate(s) to LAF offices addressed to the Executive Director: P.O.Box 5225 at Kimihurura, KN 14 AV, KG 668 ST electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline: 15th October 2021
Done at Kigali, on 14 September 20121