Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), Basel, Switzerland
National expert in Communication, Marketing, Proposal Writing and fund raising strategy
Position based in Kigali, 2 years contract
Expected starting date 1 October 2021
In the framework of preparing a project to support the Regional Centre of Excellence for Vaccines, Immunization and Health Supply Chain Management (RCE – VIHSCM) in Kigali, with the East African Community (EAC) and the University of Rwanda (UR), Swiss TPH is recruiting. In 2016, the EAC and its partners inaugurated the EAC Regional Centre of Excellence (RCE) for Vaccines, Immunization and Health Supply Chain Management (VIHSCM) at the University of Rwanda in Kigali. The RCE’s mission is to contribute to solving existing performance challenges of the health supply chain management (VIHSCM) systems in the EAC region through the generation of knowledge and its translation into practice and policy. The major delivery mode is through training and research. The training includes short-term, mid-term trainings and a master’s degree course, all targeting employed persons in key public positions of VIHSCM (in-service-training) in the region.
The Consultant shall support the RCE’s international marketing of their educational, research and advisory services, fund raising from international organizations as well as a “business” development strategy, based on the existing business plan. The RCE aims to focus on contents of the Master’s program to build on existing capacity, as well as build capacity in emerging potential areas such as CCE and effective vaccines management assessment in cooperation with UNICEF and WHO.
- Support the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategy for the RCE (following best practice examples of other academic institutes);
- Support the development and implementation of knowledge management plans to inform policy and practice through evidence based research.
- Support the development and implementation of fund-raising strategies and identify potential sources of funding.
- Creating content to tell the RCE’s impact story (bridging the communication gap between academic research results and communicating those to the public, policy makers and potential funders)
- Support the RCE management in implementing the marketing and communication strategy by developing respective print material and online content.
- Implementation of communication and knowledge products, both offline and online, such policy briefs, social media activities, website development, newsletters, brochures, deliberative dialogues, etc. Support coaching activities to the RCE management team how to keep the website up to date and use it as an advertisement tool and to use social media to raise the RCE’s visibility
- Support the RCE management team in proposal writing to apply for external funding/participate in competitive Requests for Proposals: drafting, ensuring quality control, incl. formatting, designing visuals if necessary, double-checking fulfilment of eligibility criteria, supporting submission process.
Knowledge, experience, skills and attitudes required:
- Having at least 5 years of relevant experience in the communications and advocacy sector is demanded
- Have a university degree in advocacy, fundraising and communication.
- Knowing how to speak and write English proficiently.
- Knowledge of national languages is an asset.
- Proficiency in computers, internet and social networks.
- Having specific experience in Public Health Communication in Rwanda is a strong asset.
- Having a good knowledge of public health institutions in the DRC and their partners is an asset.
- Having proven relevant experience in institutional communication / or in communication within an international organization is an asset.
- Motivation, proactivity and willingness to learn is a strong asset.
- Proven writing skills, capacity and efficiency.
- Ability to work in a team with professionals from different backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- CV, cover letter and photocopies of relevant diplomas and certificates in electronic form. Hard legalized copies may be required later.
An initial local contract of two years will be offered. An extension is desirable, depending on a performance evaluation. Please note that this is a national position.
In case of interest, please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) together with 2 references, a cover letter including salary expectations and earliest availability in English by 10 July 2021 at the following email address: email@example.com using email header “Marketing communication expert Rwanda”
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ATTACHMENT:National expert in Communication, Marketing At The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Kigali-Rwanda - CLOSE 10072021