Social Economic Empowerment Coordinator at UNABU Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:20/10/2021
JOB DESCRIPTION: Social Economic Empowerment Coordinator
Overview of the Organization
UNABU stands for Umuryango Nyarwanda w’Abagore Bafite Ubumuga, translated into English as the Rwandan Organisation of Women with disabilities. It is a non-governmental organization aiming at promoting gender equality and the removal of various barriers preventing girls and women with disabilities from fully enjoying their human rights and participating in the country’s development. The organization was established in 2004 women with various disabilities and for women with disabilities envisioning a world where “Women with disabilities enjoy equal and equitable opportunities and actively participate in the country’s development. UNABU empowers girls and women with disabilities to become agent of change, to demand their rights and to affirm their dignity as human beings.
Since its creation the organization has been implementing projects of capacity building of local groups of women with disabilities, strengthening the voices of women with disabilities in community development and empowering individual women with disabilities in income generating activities, human right, gender and gender-based violence in Rwanda.
Job Purpose Statement
UNABU seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated, and experienced Socio-Economic Empowerment Coordinator. The primary responsibility of the Socio-Economic Empowerment Coordinator is to provide technical support to the projects and program implementation through field project activities planning and implementation and building the capacity of community mobilization volunteers change leaders and monitor the implementation and contribute to organizational compliance.
In collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director in charge of Programs, MEAL, and projects managers, Socio-Economic Empowerment Coordinator will establish and maintain excellent relationships with key project stakeholders including but not limited to local leaders, community mobilization volunteers, and GBV and justice service providers as well as girls and women with disabilities themselves as primary beneficiaries.
The Socio-Economic Empowerment Coordinator reports to the Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Programs and is based in Kigali office with more than 80% working time spent on the field.
1. KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1. Providetechnical support to the projects and programs planning and implementation :
- Coordinate all projects awareness-raising and training activities in collaboration with the project managers and officers
- Coordinate the projects training activities, training guides development, and harmonization of self-advocacy groups training manuals, IEC materials at the organizational level
- Coordinate young girls leadership development initiatives at organizational level
- Coordinate self advocacy groups training activities in financial literacy and business skills development trainings and ensure effective management of distributed seed capital and support to self advocacy groups
- Coordinate and facilitate self advocacy groups linkages to existing community support services and opportunities
- Provide technical advice on strategies and directions and projects priorities based on project goal and UNABU vision and mission National strategy.
- Communicate the organization Visionary plans to the local leaders, strategic stakeholders and community mobilization volunteers change leaders;
1.2. Building the capacity of UNABU’s partners and stakeholders
- Coordinate capacity building programs for UNABU’s strategic partners, stakeholders, and community mobilization volunteers to ensure they affectively contribute to the significant change in the life of girls and women with disabilities
- Coordinate disability mainstreaming into other partners women’s rights and GBV programs implementation
- Assess stakeholders and Projects community mobilization volunteers capacity development needs and coordinate capacity building plans implementation through coaching and mentoring
- In collaboration with the projects managers, carry out performance appraisals for the community mobilization volunteers on a regular basis
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to projects staff, partners and community mobilization volunteers on gender and disability inclusion sensitivity and approaches
1.3. Financial Resources management
- Contribute to the projects budgeting process including preparation of periodic budgets, cash request, and justification
- Assist in the Proposal writing, working closely with Deputy Executive Director in charge of programs, Project Managers, MEAL for the intervention design
1.4. Networking and Representing UNABU
- Carrying out stakeholder analysis in order to identify individuals, organisations, and institutions with whom relationships need to be built
- Ensure and strengthening partnership with local authorities, women empowerment, and GBV stakeholders.
- Ensure that project required reports in the district where the projects are being implemented are timely submitted to rights stakeholders for the purpose of celebrating successes and sharing lessons learned
- Keeping up to date with standards of professionalism and UNABU’s expectations concerning personal behaviour and values; at all times acting accordingly
1.5. Quality ,Learning & Knowledge Management
- Actively participate in reflection session on the projects implementation, documentation of UNABU’s project experiences and achievements
- In collaboration with MEAL , lead on social impact monitoring, evaluation, and data collection tool development in accordance with the projects results frameworks
- Coordinate gender based violence identified and reported cases management
- Ensure collected information about violence cases across all the projects is documented and stored appropriately in accordance with confidentiality and safety principles;
- Participate in the ongoing project planned assessments and evaluation activities
- In collaboration with MEAL and project Managers, coordinate documentation and dissemination of the projects impact, lessons learnt , success stories, and its
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Minimum Bachelor degree in the following fields: Projects management, Psychology, social sciences (sociology , social work ), gender and development studies, law, nursing preferably working in NGOs
Job related experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar position, community mobilization, and volunteers management
- Working experience in the disability movement and vulnerable groups , local leadership structures, and stakeholders
- Proven experience in human rights, gender-based violence, and women empowerment programs would be an asset
- Should have been involved in the volunteerism.
- Experience in capacity building, counseling, and report writing is essential.
- Basic experience in finance management , capacity building delivery, and training manual development
- Proven experience working in the community with vulnerable groups, Financial literacy, and business-oriented mindset
- Strong report writing skills and fluent communication skills in English as well as Kinyarwanda required
- Theoretical and practical skills in human rights and women empowerment
- Computer literacy: Microsoft word, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, Internet
- Disability and gender responsiveness
- Adaptive to change management
- Effective communication
- Knowledge Management & Learning
- Working in Partnership
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Using Evidence from Research
N.B: Persons with disabilities specifically girls and women are encouraged to apply and indicate their types of disability in their motivation letter for reasonable accommodation purpose
Make sure you fully meet the requirements and provide your CV along with your education certificates, cover letter stating why you are the best candidate for this position, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2021 at 5:00 pm Kigali time. UNABU team will not be able to respond to any inquiry addressed to UNABU through phone calls and or email for this purpose.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Done at Kigali
On 11 October 2021