Communications Officer at Legal Aid Forum(LAF) Kigali,Rwanda – CLOSE:15/10/2021
RECRUITMENT NOTICE No LAF0021
In order to effectively accomplish its mission and vision, the Legal Aid Forum is accepting applications on a rolling basis from qualified and skilled individuals to fill the following vacant positions within its Secretariat.
- A University degree in relevant fields such as communication, media studies, journalism, public relations, and Law;
- 5 years experience in the field of communication or related fields;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer literate with capabilities in email, MS Office, infographics, and related business and communication tools;
- Content writing experience for all media platforms and social media and networking expertise;
- Experience working with NGOs;
· Work with LAF team in planning, development, and implementation of communication, visibility and branding activities and strategies;
- Undertake the development of communication products, oversee the quality of design, the accuracy of content, and its suitability for target audience;
- Work with LAF team to undertake periodic reviews of the communication plan and provide necessary updates to the team;
- Coordinate preparation of conferences and workshops;
- Assist LAF management to identify, collect, store and disseminate qualitative information and case studies to stakeholders;
- Facilitate development of case studies and communication materials as necessary;
- Develop and maintain up to date media contacts and ensure accurate information dissemination to the media whenver required;
- Draft and produce media materials including press releases, brochures, articles, Newsletters and supervise their distribution;
- Prepare the content for the LAF website and update it regularly in conjunction with IT Officer;
- Build the capacity of LAF Staff and Members through appropriate communication trainings, access to information, and knowledge sharing.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, a copy of degree(s), and relevant Certificate(s) to LAF offices addressed to the Executive Director: P.O.Box 5225 at Kimihurura, KN 14 AV, KG 668 ST electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline: 15th October 2021
Done at Kigali, on 14 September 20121