Rwanda Procurement Specialist at One Acre Fund, Kigali, Rwanda – CLOSE: 12/10/2022
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core African countries, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will manage the Rwanda Procurement operations and team, overseeing the purchase of operational goods and services on behalf of One Acre Fund smallholder farmers. The team fulfils all the procurement needs necessary for the proper functioning of One Acre Fund’s program.
- Manage a team of 9+ people while providing support to the daily operations of the team and their professional development.
- Train purchasers in identifying quality, high-level suppliers and negotiating the best prices and terms.
- Set clear and well-documented expectations for all team members and hold staff accountable to these rigorous expectations.
- Identify and address team development needs.
- Set short to medium term (0-6 months) team and project goals with some Manager support.
Excellence in Execution
- Deliver requested items to customers on time, with the correct specifications and at below market prices.
- Coordinate quality assurance activities and implement best practices.
- Maintain accurate procurement data in all systems.
- Work with other teams to reduce overall spending.
- Maintain transparency and compliance with the procurement process.
- Review existing policies and systems to identify improvements that save time and money.
- Implement standard practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives
- Represent the Sourcing team to internal customers and suppliers.
- Manage contracts with suppliers
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 4+ years of work experience in a related field.
- People management experience required
- Project management experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda are required, French or Swahili is an asset.
- Planning and forecasting
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Data analysis skills
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
12 October 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How To Apply
To apply for this job in Rwanda, please click on the Apply here button bellow
- Category : Other Jobs